A Square is a 4-sided regular polygon with all sides equal and all internal angles 90 degree. It is a four sided polygon characterized by right angles and sides of equal length.
Table of Contents:
Area of square: [(side)²]
Perimeter of square: [4(side)]
Diagonal of square: [(side) (sqrt(2))]
Related Article: A square can also be defined as a rectangle with all sides equal, or a rhombus with all angles equal, or a parallelogram with equal diagonals that bisect each other.
- The diagonals of a square bisect each other and meet at 90 degrees
- The diagonals of a square bisect its angles.
- The diagonals of a square are perpendicular.
- Opposite sides of a square are both parallel and equal lengths.
- All four angles of a square are equal. (Each is 360°/4 = 90 degrees, so every angle of a square is a right angle.)
- The diagonals of a square are equal.
Calculate the Area, Perimeter and Diagonal of a Square whose length is 10 cm.
Step1: Area of square: [(side)²]
Area of square = 102 = 100
Step 2: Perimeter of square: [4(side)]
Perimeter of square=4*10 = 40
Step 3: Diagonal of square: [(side) (sqrt(2)) ]
Diagonal of square=10 * sqrt(2) =10*1.41 = 14.1