To calculate result you have to disable your ad blocker first.
Rounding Number Calculator
To round the number, input number, select unit, and click calculate button using rounding number calculator
The rounding numbers calculator is an online tool for rounding digits up and down for both decimal and non-decimal values. It provides a wide variety of place values from million to millionth.
What is rounding off?
The simple concept of rounding off has always been used in math when a number such as 16.8 or 16.9 was rounded to 17. It is to make calculations easy because decimal numbers can be difficult to deal with.
But rounding off isn't just this. Values can be rounded off to desired or required numbers, suitable to conditions. Mostly, it is used to remove uncertainty.
Rules of rounding off:
Below are some rules one should always follow when rounding off the digits.
- Identify the number. Is the number decimal or non-decimal?
- Know the place value you are aiming for. Is it non-decimal like ten, hundred, or a decimal one like hundredth, thousandth?
- See the next smallest place value, on the right. For example: if you want to round 678 to ten then look at the ones value i.e 8.
- If it's 5 or greater than five, add one and make all the smaller place values zero. For example, in the previous example add 1 to 7 i.e 680.
- If it is smaller than 5, leave the number be. E.g 33 rounded to tens place is 30.
- Lastly, drop the zeros at the right most of a decimal point after the rounded digit because they are not significant figures. E.g 13.92011 rounded to tenth place is 13.9.
Rounding to the nearest ten, hundred, and thousand place.
- Rounding 6127.890 to the nearest tens place. The one’s value is 7 i.e greater than 5, so one will be added. All the other values after ten’s place will become zero. The final number is 6130. (Zeros after decimal point were dropped.)
- To round the same number to hundred, ten’s value is noticed. Since it is less than 5, nothing will be added to the hundred’s value. After making smaller values zero and dropping the suitable ones, the rounded-off number is 6100.
- Similarly, this number is rounded to thousands place as 6000. Nothing was added because the next smallest value was less than 5.
Rounding to the nearest tenth, hundredth, and thousandth place.
Taking the previous number 6127.890. In decimals, the tenth, hundredth, and thousandth go from left to right respectively.
- The tenth value in 6127.890 is 8. The next value is the hundredth value which is 9. It is greater than 5, so 1 will be added. The rounded-off number will be 6127.8. As before, zeros are dropped.
- To round off to hundredth values, see the thousandth value i.e 0. It is less than 5 so the new number will be 6127.89.
- Lastly, rounding off to thousandth. The number is already rounded off to the thousandth place so it will be as it is i.e 6127.890.